Ordinance # 069-4
130 of County Code
An Ordinance authorizing Bolivar Borough, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania to join in the creation of a Planning Commission, authorizing members hereof, and authorizing the President of Borough Council to execute the agreement.
Whereas, the County Code, Act No. 130, approved the 9th day of August 1955, as now or hereafter amended, authorizes the association together of certain Municipalities in the regional planning commission and,
Whereas, the governing body of the Borough of Bolivar, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, recognizes the necessity for regional planning in the area East of the Chestnut Ridge in Westmoreland County Pennsylvania.
Therefore, be it ordained and enacted by the council of Bolivar Borough in Council assembled and it is hereby ordained and enacted by the authority of the same, that Bolivar Borough:
1. Join and association in the creation of a Regional Planning Commission to be known by whatever name is hereafter adopted by the Westmoreland County Planning Commission, in conformity with the County Code Act No 130, approved the 9th day of August 1955, as now or hereafter amended.
2. Appropriate public funds for the operation of said Planning Commission in an amount equal to the costs to the Bolivar Borough for expenses required to operate said Regional Planning Commission for a period of two years.
3. Appoint Peter Bonavero and Frank B. Gibson as members to represent Bolivar Borough for a term of two years on the Regional Planning Commission.
4. Authorize the President of Bolivar Borough Council to execute the future articles of agreement of said Commission, and direct the Borough Secretary to attest to his signature, place the Corporate Seal thereon, and forward a certified copy of this Ordinance to the Secretary of the Westmoreland County Planning Commission.
5. All Ordinances or parts of Ordinances in conflict here will be and the same are hereby repealed.
Ordained and enacted by the Borough Council of Bolivar Borough, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania this 7th day of January 1969. 2
Enacted and ordained in Council this 7th day of January A.D. 1969
Approved this 7th day of January A.D. 1969
Frank B. Gibson
Original Ordinance in ordinance book page 166